It's summer time! Which means it's stupid hot but it's also the perfect season for ribs and good food. To kick off my weekly Meal of the Week series, here's one of my favorite dishes to whip up.
PORK SPARE RIBS + JELLOF RICE + CROISSANT
PREP + PLATE + PROCESS
1. Season and Spice your spare ribs with: melted butter, Adobo (all purpose seasoning), honey mustard, brown sugar BBQ sauce, onion powder, black pepper & any other seasoning of your choice.
2. Pre-heat oven to 400. Place the goods on an oven pan for 40-45 minutes (or til you think it's done). Remember, it is pork.
3. Meanwhile, for the jellof rice: defrost your mixed veggies & sautee them in stewed or crushed tomatoes. Hopefully, you remembered to boil rice, too. Allow your veggie mix to simmer. Once your rice is ready, mix the rice and your vegetables together til the rice has a red-ish color to it. (suggested seasoning: black pepper, maggi cube, onion powder)
4. If your spare ribs are looking right, go head and remove them from the oven and lower your oven temp for the croissants.
5. Toss those bad boys in the oven for 12-14 minutes or what the package suggests. Add a little butter to them for flavor.
6. Once everything is ready, plate your meal and proceed to enjoy a hearty meal.